Prayer Time: Facing our Giants
Estimated Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Begin in prayer. Maybe take a moments quiet pause to engage with the presence of God. If you have a candle, you may want to light it as a reminder that Jesus, the light of the world, is present.
Video: David and Goliath Video:
1. What was David’s job?
2. Why was David at the battle scene?
3. Why would nobody dare fight Goliath?
4. Why did David choose to fight Goliath?
5. What does David’s victory show about God?
Scripture: Read Romans 8:31-39
1. What different troubles does Paul list as things that could potentially get in the way of our relationship with God?
2. According to verse 39, what are we unable to be separated from?
Make a list of some of the giants in your life. What things do you find hard? Or scary? Or what issues do you care about that seem difficult to solve? How can the story of David offer hope that God can help you overcome these fears or struggles?
Song: Play the song by Sanctus Real - Confidence